Sports and Physical Fitness Development Office
The SPFDO is responsible for developing and implementing the comprehensive sports development program of the University. Its role would involve providing a well-balanced and scientific sports training program, improving sports facilities and equipment, and harnessing local talents to excel in their sports fields.
The general objective of the program is to develop a comprehensive sports program for all; Its specific objectives are:
- To provide a well-balanced and scientific sports training program using modern training techniques to improve the physical fitness and sports skills of students and other members of the academe;
- To improve both indigenous and modern sports facilities and equipment to uplift the capability of the University in athletics; and
- To inculcate good values among the studentry and members of the academe through:
- character development
- sportsmanship, and
- camaraderie and the like
Sports Program Thrusts
- Provide opportunities for skills development;
- Develop values formation, e.g. sportsmanship and camaraderie;
- Produce an athletic pool for various higher sports competitions; and
- Provide sports facilities.